Subject: bug found running guix pull
From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 00:41:10 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

root@guixrig ~# guix pull --fallback
Updating channel 'gooby-channel' from Git repository at
'https://gentooserver.dehnel.info/gitea/nathan/gooby-channel.git'...
Updating channel 'nonguix' from Git repository at
'https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from these channels:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    86c3937
  nonguix   https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix    a8c9d24
  gooby-channelhttps://gentooserver.dehnel.info/gitea/nathan/gooby-channel.git
   38cd1ee
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/w6596kfg55g578dvwaayfj7alq7g88j0-compute-guix-derivation
...
 compute-guix-derivation  1004B                      21KiB/s 00:00
[##################] 100.0%

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/zstd/sjh8jrp0cw2bxxnn9v5svlcsp1bwdyj5-curl-7.76.0-doc
...
 curl-7.76.0-doc  624KiB                            1.4MiB/s 00:00
[##################] 100.0%

downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/1qd88064j2iicfnkxf5ylffmvisnsdlw-curl-7.76.0
...
 curl-7.76.0  385KiB                               1.18GiB/s 00:00
[##################] 100./%

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/531rwkb8m6yccq4l1mkrqxclrqwy0jj3-git-minimal-2.31.1
...
 git-minimal-2.31.1  4.1MiB                         205KiB/s 00:21
[##################] 100.0%

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/kqmxkrw1kzq486ywgbjw74r6rz1cjnxl-guile-avahi-0.4.0-1.6d43caf
...
 guile-avahi-0.4.0-1.6d43caf  54KiB                  26KiB/s 00:02
[##################] 100.0%

downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/7jsb7vff5494nd39mqj0ins5i992dm6i-guix-daemon-1.2.0-19.8f9052d
...
 guix-daemon-1.2.0-19.8f9052d                              219KiB/s
00:01 | 284KiB transferred

Backtrace:
In guix/ui.scm:
  2164:12 19 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
    652:2 18 (guix-substitute . _)
In unknown file:
          17 (with-continuation-barrier #<procedure thunk ()>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1736:10 16 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In unknown file:
          15 (apply-smob/0 #<thunk 7f78f439ea00>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1736:10 14 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
  1736:10 13 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
  1731:15 12 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f78f3946030 at ic?> ?)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
   701:17 11 (_)
    410:7 10 (process-substitution _ "/gnu/store/7yb63ccdrskjv06l93?" ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1736:10  9 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
    419:9  8 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1731:15  7 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f78f2de1990 at ic?> ?)
  1669:16  6 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1667:16  5 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1669:16  4 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1764:13  3 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&irri?>)
  1669:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1667:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1669:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1669:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Throw to key `bad-response' with args `("Bad Response-Line: ~s" (""))'.
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1736:10  4 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In unknown file:
           3 (apply-smob/0 #<thunk 7f78f5ffe520>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    718:2  2 (call-with-prompt _ _ #<procedure default-prompt-handle?>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  1 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7f78f6001c80>)))
In guix/ui.scm:
  2164:12  0 (run-guix-command _ . _)

Backtrace:
          15 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/w6596kfg55g578dvwaayfj7alq7g88j0-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 14 (_ _)
    159:9 13 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 12 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2066:24 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f10496563c0> _
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
   1900:8  9 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   256:18  8 (_ _)
   1137:2  7 (_ _)
   1003:2  6 (_ _)
    849:4  5 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  1948:12  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f10496563c0>)
   1362:5  3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f10496563c0> _ _)
  1373:15  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f10496563c0> _ _)
   719:11  1 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7f10496563c0> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
     80:6  0 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)

./guix/serialization.scm:80:6: In procedure read-int:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/w6596kfg55g578dvwaayfj7alq7g88j0-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"86c39376cc00ed19758a2861c11f85fa5b94cda4"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "d4987a50cef3983c4bd68c1c2c52270946c4f113"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.