Subject: squid package vulnerable to CVE-2021-28116
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:34:38 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm forwarding this to [email-masked] so that it won't be forgotten.

      Mark

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Subject: squid package vulnerable to CVE-2021-28116
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 01:22:51 +0100

CVE-2021-28116	09.03.21 23:15
Squid through 4.14 and 5.x through 5.0.5, in some configurations,
allows information disclosure because of an out-of-bounds read in WCCP
protocol data. This can be leveraged as part of a chain for remote code
execution as nobody.

Upstream did not release a patch yet. CVE entry to be monitored for a
fix.

https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-21-157/ - says it is a
low impact issue.
-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------