Subject: mouse-1-click-follows-link double broken by 3d5e31eceb9dc1fb62b2b27bcab549df3bd04ce9
From: Eyal Soha <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 14:02:12 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Setting the variable mouse-1-click-follows-link to 'double was broken by
the commit 3d5e31eceb9dc1fb62b2b27bcab549df3bd04ce9 .

To test this, customize the mouse-1-click-follows-link variable to
`double.  Then try to double click on a link, such at the word "back"
that appears in many of the info help pages.  Double click will not
work.  Building on the version directly before that, double click does
work.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-03 built on mx
Repository revision: 43b40bc880f66cb3f48318ba3a480a76b149b815
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --prefix=/home/esoha/.local
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  hideshowvis-minor-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-color-identifiers-mode: t
  color-identifiers-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  spaceline-info-mode: t
  spaceline-helm-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  global-goto-address-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core t-mouse strokes msb avoid artist picture reporter
rect cus-edit pp cl-print eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree ffap misearch multi-isearch vc-git cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
hideshow hideshowvis init diff-hl log-view vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
scons-mode xt-mouse llvm-mode tablegen-mode
sanityinc-tomorrow-night-theme color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow image-file
image-converter cus-start cus-load color-identifiers-mode python
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp flycheck find-func ace-jump-mode
cl company-quickhelp pos-tip company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company rainbow-delimiters recentf tree-widget wid-edit
savehist saveplace paren beacon spaceline-config spaceline-segments s
spaceline powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes counsel xdg
xref project compile swiper ivy delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color
region-bindings-mode edmacro kmacro magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete comint ring server ansi-color
magit-mode transient comp comp-cstr warnings rx format-spec magit-git
magit-section magit-utils crm which-key advice disp-table whitespace
ws-butler goto-addr thingatpt diminish time-date auto-package-update
dash cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf info package easymenu browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face pcase macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process nativecomp
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 682782 115976)
 (symbols 48 36240 2)
 (strings 32 156281 6872)
 (string-bytes 1 5629612)
 (vectors 16 69564)
 (vector-slots 8 1952275 168183)
 (floats 8 365 557)
 (intervals 56 14064 6666)
 (buffers 992 22))