Subject: emacsy-minimal fails to build
From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 22:37:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

While trying to install Nomad, the emacsy-minimal packages fails to
build.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[...]

phase `unpack' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `bootstrap'
patch-shebang: build-aux/git-version-gen: changing `/bin/sh' to
`/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh'
running './autogen.sh'
patch-shebang: ./autogen.sh: changing `/bin/sh' to
`/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh'
./autogen.sh: line 2: autoreconf: command not found
command "./autogen.sh" failed with status 127
builder for
`/gnu/store/1xz2q90jcv10g24jgv4lkcdvi7qv5wd4-emacsy-minimal-0.4.1-37-g5f91ee6.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of
/gnu/store/1xz2q90jcv10g24jgv4lkcdvi7qv5wd4-emacsy-minimal-0.4.1-37-g5f91ee6.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/1x/z2q90jcv10g24jgv4lkcdvi7qv5wd4-emacsy-minimal-0.4.1-37-g5f91ee6.drv.bz2'.
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/1xz2q90jcv10g24jgv4lkcdvi7qv5wd4-emacsy-minimal-0.4.1-37-g5f91ee6.drv'
failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Since emacsy-minimal uses the gnu-build-system, I thought that
`autoreconf` would already be available in the build environment, no?

I was able to reproduce this with:

$ guix time-machine --commit=bc10203 -- build emacsy-minimal

Any help would be appreciated!