Subject: 27.1; Spaces are added at wrong places when typing in Sinhala Unicode.
From: Lohan Gunaweera <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 20:08:11 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When you type Sinhala using Uicode characterss, spaces are added at
wrong places. Words get serepated at wrong places as a result.

How to reproduce with emacs

1) Open emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
2) Switch to desired input method for Sinhala; Sinhalese : ibus
(Wijesekera (m17n))
3) Type keys isxy, NdIdj.
4) Observe what happens when you hit space at the end of the first word.
And when insert a space after full-stop.

Actual result : සිංහ ලභාෂාව .

Expected result : සිංහල භාෂාව.

This adds a space before the last character of the first word, not where
you want the space to be. Same happens when you enter a space after a
full-stop. It inserts the space BEFORE the full-stop.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2021-02-06 built on alochana
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY GNUTLS
FREETYPE HARFBUZZ XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES
THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils warnings
finder-inf package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 59254 11773)
 (symbols 48 7738 1)
 (strings 32 20854 2117)
 (string-bytes 1 675663)
 (vectors 16 12411)
 (vector-slots 8 165509 11536)
 (floats 8 21 37)
 (intervals 56 202 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))
-- 
Lohan Gunaweera
https://lohangunaweera.art
Signal : +94775903949
PGP fingerprint :
62BB C05D B93D 674B 27C4 BB4E 56E1 D006 1983 A729
Key available at https://lohangunaweera.art/contact/