Subject: Re: [bug#46192] [PATCH 21/21] gnu: Add kak-lsp.
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: aecepoglu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 16:12:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

aecepoglu <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/crates-io.scm (kak-lsp): New variable.

Applied, along with all the Rust crates. Thank you!

I add a few notes here, for future contributions:

- Indentation was off in every package. After using the crate importer,
  you need to fix it.

- Some packages had an empty home-page field. The crate importer is not
  always able to extract this information. In that case, you need to get
  it on your own, e.g., by visiting crates.io.

- Non-terminal packages should have #:skip-build? set to #t. In this
  patch set, every package except `kak-lsp' should have this flag on.

- You made `rust-arc-swap-1' inherit from `rust-arc-swap-0.4' but it is
  the other way around. Older packages inherit from recent ones.

- `rust-slog-scope-4' crate was added before its inputs (e.g.,
  `rust-arc-swap').

- `rust-sloggers-1' crate needed to be packaged since it is a Cargo
  input from `kak-lsp'.

- `kak-lsp' would not build because the "text-editors.scm" file was
  missing some #:use-module statements. I suggest to check build using
  "./pre-inst-env" script from the repositiory. See manual for details.

I added a copyright line for you in both "crates-io.scm" and
"text-editors.scm". Let me know if I used a wrong name, I'll change it.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou