Subject: 28.0.50; Namazu-based mail searching not working anymore
From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:07:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since commit 7fad12c59b3c65665c10050e800d1d7ad5a2e056, I have
problems getting namazu-based mail searching working.  My
configuration says:

In .emacs:

(setq nnir-namazu-index-directory "/var/lib/namazu/")

In .gnus:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "" (nnir-search-engine namazu))))
;; I have not set gnus-search-use-parsed-queries.

This results in "Group nnselect:nnselect-87sg78bdzr.fsf contains no
messages" error when I hit "G G" in the group buffer and enter a query
string.  Besides, the namazu executable is not called at all.  The same
behavour I get if I don’t configure namazu at all in Emacs/Gnus.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-01-10 built on brad
Repository revision: 8ace7700b93c6c0835ddac6633a7ec07daf56225
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/info/ --with-x-toolkit=no --without-makeinfo
 --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x
 --with-file-notification=inotify'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB OLDXMENU X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.3.1/tex-site hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/tex-site

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail misearch multi-isearch gnus-picon sort smiley
gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnutls pop3 nndraft
nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnml
nnfolder gnus-cache bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com cl
network-stream nsm nntp gnus-topic css-mode sgml-mode eww xdg url-queue
mm-url color python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp jade-mode js cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs stylus-mode sws-mode face-remap flyspell ispell reftex-dcr
reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars font-latex latexenc tex-mode vc-git
dired-aux centered-cursor-mode etags-table magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode git-commit transient magit-git
magit-section magit-utils log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async shell dash graphviz-dot-mode taskjuggler-mode
skeleton darkroom cql-mode sql view rust-mode swift-mode go-errcheck
go-mode find-file ffap etags fileloop xref project yaml-mode
dockerfile-mode rx sh-script smie executable dired-x adaptive-wrap
org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org-agenda ob-python org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func server mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region
mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat rst browse-kill-ring
bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs preview reporter tex-buf latex
latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake compile text-property-search comint
ansi-color ring warnings thingatpt tex-ispell tex-style autorevert
filenotify tex-fold easy-mmode tex dbus xml crm advice texmathp edmacro
kmacro savehist time desktop frameset delsel cus-start cus-load tex-site
info package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 530668 48100)
 (symbols 48 46881 1)
 (strings 32 161690 14204)
 (string-bytes 1 5424875)
 (vectors 16 72748)
 (vector-slots 8 825424 36893)
 (floats 8 971 59)
 (intervals 56 15658 1577)
 (buffers 984 50))

-- 
Torsten Bronger