Subject: 28.0.50; Build issue on macos - commit a900e641fa1fd765799f12a7f699f768ebfccfe8
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 10:25:06 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I got this build error on macos. Rolling back to previous commit fixed
the issue.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C lib all
  CC       regex.o
In file included from regex.c:74:
In file included from ./regexec.c:1362:
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:195:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:195:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:195:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:205:40: error: expected identifier or '('
__attribute_maybe_unused__ __nonnull ((1))
                                       ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:205:40: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:205:39: note: to match this '('
__attribute_maybe_unused__ __nonnull ((1))
                                      ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:216:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:216:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:216:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:225:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:225:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:225:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:239:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:239:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:239:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:248:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:248:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:248:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:260:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:260:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:260:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:270:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:270:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:270:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:286:7: error: implicit declaration of function
      'regmatch_list_mark_failed' is invalid in C99
      [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
      DYNARRAY_NAME (mark_failed) (list);
      ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:151:29: note: expanded from macro 'DYNARRAY_NAME'
#define DYNARRAY_NAME(name) DYNARRAY_CONCAT1(DYNARRAY_PREFIX, name)
                            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:150:40: note: expanded from macro
      'DYNARRAY_CONCAT1'
#define DYNARRAY_CONCAT1(prefix, name) DYNARRAY_CONCAT0(prefix, name)
                                       ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:149:40: note: expanded from macro
      'DYNARRAY_CONCAT0'
#define DYNARRAY_CONCAT0(prefix, name) prefix##name
                                       ^
<scratch space>:129:1: note: expanded from here
regmatch_list_mark_failed
^
In file included from regex.c:74:
In file included from ./regexec.c:1362:
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:297:13: error: expected identifier or '('
__nonnull ((1))
            ^
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:297:13: error: expected ')'
./malloc/dynarray-skeleton.c:297:12: note: to match this '('
__nonnull ((1))
           ^
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.
make[1]: *** [regex.o] Error 1
make: *** [lib] Error 2--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin20.2.0, NS appkit-2022.20 Version 11.1 (Build 20C69))
 of 2021-01-22 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: 90bd6d8ba66bde8d9626f3dd05d14372734e6ce5
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.1

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-srecode-minor-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug shr-color color mailalias smtpmail flyspell ispell
flow-fill mm-archive gnus-html help-fns radix-tree url-cache sort smiley
gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml hl-line disp-table
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
semantic/tag-file ebdb-gnus gnus-msg ebdb-message sendmail ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format dired-aux semantic/db-file data-debug
cedet-files semantic/wisent/python semantic/decorate/include
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/dep
semantic/wisent/python-wy vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher yasnippet company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb company edmacro kmacro
eglot array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace checkdoc
lisp-mnt vc-git diff-mode elec-pair display-line-numbers ol-eww eww xdg
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m init my-init paren cus-start cus-load org-agenda org-refile
ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C ob-python python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp ob-R savehist desktop frameset
srecode/mode semantic/senator semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/decorate pulse srecode/insert srecode/filters srecode/args
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source
eieio-speedbar eieio-custom wid-edit srecode/find srecode/map
srecode/ctxt srecode/compile srecode/dictionary srecode/fields
srecode/table srecode semantic/db-mode semantic/idle semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db
semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw cedet vtl ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode
eieio-base pcase timezone rust-mode php-mode mode-local imenu speedbar
ezimage dframe etags fileloop xref project cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
php-face php php-project flymake-proc flymake compile
text-property-search warnings thingatpt gnuplot-mode gnuplot info-look
org-mime ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree
generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs noutline outline
easy-mmode which-key advice docker-compose-mode dash dockerfile-mode rx
sh-script smie executable diminish hideshow server my-util info
early-init package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 614047 80862)
 (symbols 48 46000 1)
 (strings 32 160448 15477)
 (string-bytes 1 5513138)
 (vectors 16 82888)
 (vector-slots 8 1536198 81428)
 (floats 8 472 511)
 (intervals 56 3677 1598)
 (buffers 984 61))

-- 
Regards,
Pankaj Jangid

GnuPG Fingerprint: 0B62 7424 3B26 A911 052A DDE6 7C95 6E6F F858 7689