Subject: 28.0.50; Build error on macOS - compiling gnus-agent.el
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 10:04:31 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After updating today, I got error in compilation. I did ‘make bootstrap’
twice. Still got he following error:

[~/work/code/savannah/emacs git→(master)] git pull
remote: Counting objects: 575, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (107/107), done.
remote: Total 109 (delta 85), reused 0 (delta 0)
Receiving objects: 100% (109/109), 13.37 KiB | 1.11 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (85/85), completed with 42 local objects.
From git.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
   9b31802e2d..cd56406b62  master              -> origin/master
   149d64bbb2..5d76288660  emacs-27            -> origin/emacs-27
   33b8ce865f..213b5d7315  feature/native-comp -> origin/feature/native-comp
   c0a5291e4d..9a1fc1e512  scratch/etags-regen -> origin/scratch/etags-regen
Updating 9b31802e2d..cd56406b62

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  ELC      gnus/deuglify.elc
Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-type-argument listp file)
dbus[5130]: Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
  ELC      gnus/gmm-utils.elc
  ELC      gnus/gnus-agent.elc
Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-type-argument listp file)
dbus[5141]: Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

In toplevel form:
gnus/gnus-agent.el:3511:1: Error: Wrong type argument: listp, file
make[3]: *** [gnus/gnus-agent.elc] Error 1
make[2]: *** [compile-main] Error 2
make[1]: *** [lisp] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.2.0, NS appkit-2022.20 Version 11.1 (Build 20C69))
 of 2021-01-08 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: cd56406b621bebff484a2978662c98f7689540bf
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.1

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  gnus-agent-group-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug morse shortdoc tramp-cmds conf-mode rfc2104 tramp-cache
autoload gnus-dired log-edit pcvs-util add-log mhtml-mode css-mode js
sgml-mode ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox rect misearch
multi-isearch flow-fill gnus-html url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw
nndoc mailalias smtpmail shr-color color sort smiley gnus-cite qp
mm-archive mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-ml hl-line disp-table nndraft nnmh
utf-7 nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache .gnus gnus-async
nntp cl-print help-fns radix-tree diary-lib diary-loaddefs dired-aux
vc-dir org-indent org-element avl-tree ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview
doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ebdb-gnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr
kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit ebdb-message sendmail message
rmc puny rfc822 mml mm-decode mm-bodies gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company eglot array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace xref project imenu jka-compr checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake-proc
flymake compile warnings display-line-numbers elec-pair hideshow init
my-init paren time cus-start cus-load vtl ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt
semantic/sb semantic/sort semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase
timezone rust-mode thingatpt exec-path-from-shell docker-compose-mode
dash dockerfile-mode rx sh-script smie executable esup esup-child
benchmark cl-extra help-mode finder-inf
use-package-ensure-system-package use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core init-ruby init-js init-java init-eudc init-org
ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp ob-R org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
init-python init-elisp init-modeline init-flymake init-dired dired
dired-loaddefs init-website init-speedbar init-cedet init-session
savehist desktop frameset init-diary init-browser init-completion
init-prog init-crypto mml-sec mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 epa derived
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils text-property-search time-date epg epg-config
init-erc init-mime init-email init-ibuffer init-auth init-looks edmacro
kmacro init-keys server info package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 919348 41953)
 (symbols 48 47402 1)
 (strings 32 226225 15420)
 (string-bytes 1 14621769)
 (vectors 16 85246)
 (vector-slots 8 1967023 106298)
 (floats 8 517 431)
 (intervals 56 41092 282)
 (buffers 984 85))

-- 
Regards,
Pankaj Jangid

GnuPG Fingerprint: 0B62 7424 3B26 A911 052A DDE6 7C95 6E6F F858 7689