Subject: [PATCH 0/5] gnu: sdcc: Polish up package definition
From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 13:04:09 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch series attempts to polish up the package for SDCC, a C compiler
suite for 8-bit microcontrollers, in various ways. Specifically, it

- Moves the sdcc package (which currently exists in its own module) into
  embedded.scm, placing it together with other packages related to
  embedded-systems development;

- Expands its "license" field to include the full set used by the various
  subprojects that comprise it[0];

- Revises its synopsis and description for clarity and brevity, removing
  redundant or unnecessary information;

- Corrects the name of a build phase ("patch-makefile" to "patch-makefiles");
  and

- Expands a comment to clarify the situation regarding GPUTILS, a separate
  project on which SDCC relies for PIC-microcontroller support, as was
  discussed recently[1].

This patchset is meant to be applied after the one submitted as issue
45240[2], but doesn't depend on it.

[0] See the overview at http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/.
[1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/44557
[2] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45240

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (5):
  gnu: sdcc: Move to embedded.scm.
  gnu: sdcc: Specify complete set of licenses.
  gnu: sdcc: Revise synopsis and description.
  gnu: sdcc: Correct name of phase.
  gnu: sdcc: Expand comment regarding GPUTILS and PIC ports.

 gnu/local.mk                 |  1 -
 gnu/packages/electronics.scm |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/embedded.scm    | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/sdcc.scm        | 80 ------------------------------------
 4 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 83 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/sdcc.scm

-- 
2.29.2