Subject: 28.0.50; feature/native-comp:Trying to load incoherent dumped eln file
From: Y Qu <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 14:18:27 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear maintainers:

I try to use pdumper together with native-comp but fail.

To reproduce:

    $ emacs --batch -Q -eval '(dump-emacs-portable "~/.emacs.d/.cache/dumps/emacs.pdmp")'
    $ emacs --dump-file=~/.emacs.d/.cache/dumps/emacs.pdmp

You can get the following message:

    emacs: Trying to load incoherent dumped eln file /usr/sbin/../lib/emacs/28.0.50/native-lisp/28.0.50-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-8fc0b1a455d90f52078950afaab3b40e/lisp-mode-410874a46ab8852855281f021ca61fe7-0babcd5810b0347a56a4b722059f6199.eln

This issue appears on build from both chaotic-aur/emacs-pgtk-native-comp and archlinuxcn/emacs-native-comp.

Thank you for your time!

Ying Qu

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2020-12-05 built on pkg816084a8e53
Repository revision: fc535f14c9621bcb43b7e140b9f47d53b017f27b
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-nativecomp --with-pgtk --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d
 --without-m17n-flt --with-cairo --with-xwidgets
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2
 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt -g -fuse-ld=gold -g
 -fuse-ld=gold' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3
PGTK XIM MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t