Subject: guix deploy Error reading from the channel
From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 01:14:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guixters,

I am trying to deploy a system on DigitalOcean droplet using `guix
deploy`. But I am facing the following issue :

   $ guix deploy ynm-machine-declaration.scm 
   La (1) machine suivante sera déployée :
     ynm

   guix deploy: déploiement vers ynm...
   ;;; [2020/12/02 00:15:48.683027, 0] read_from_channel_port: [GSSH
   ERROR] Error reading from the channel: #<unknown channel (freed)
   7f3ca3ef80a0>

Then I decided to Ctrl-C the process.

Sometimes I did ssh to the target to see if I can see proof that things
were doing ok (for example if the infect script is created in the tmp
directory...). And I noticed I had to delete the ssh key of the target
on my laptop to ssh again...

   ssh-keygen -f "/home/jeko/.ssh/known_hosts" -R "159.89.21.175"

Then, on the target machine guix seems to be installed. I am able to
run `guix pull`. But the packages I wanted to be globally installed
were missing.

On the laptop I deployed from:

   $ guix --version
   guix (GNU Guix) d848b6caab973f6191143360ca53787a19c5e6e4
   Copyright © 2020 les auteurs de Guix
   Licence GPLv3+ : GNU GPL version 3 ou ultérieure <
   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.fr.html>
   Ceci est un logiciel libre : vous êtes libre de le modifier et de le
   redistribuer.
   Il n'y a AUCUNE GARANTIE, dans les limites permises par la loi.

On the droplet after guix pull:

   # guix --version
   guix (GNU Guix) 04b83678653fda3c66e600e88f54f5108290ec1c
   Copyright (C) 2020 the Guix authors
   License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <
   http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
   This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
   There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

I have no clue how to provide more info (logs, traces, …) but I would
be very happy to do so if anyone can lead me a bit on that.

Cheers,

Jeko