Subject: info doc Character Classes don't discuss case-fold-search for [:lower:] [:upper:]
From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:56:00 -0400

In searching.texi @subsubsection Character Classes

(info "(elisp)Char Classes")

the character alternative items:
 `[:lower:]' and `[:upper:]'

should provide an indication that the classes are also affected by the
buffer local value of `case-fold-search'.

While the influence of buffer-local case variable settings _is_
discussed at the (info "(elisp)Searching and Case")
section, this is of little use where it isn't clear that the influence
of the current 'Case Table' is only indirectly related to the setting
of `case-fold-search' vis a vis regexp.

Likewise provision of an example might be nice:

,----
| (let ((case-fold-search nil))
|   (search-forward-regexp "\\([\\[:lower:]]\\)"))
`----

s_P