Subject: [feature/native-comp] defalias to macro in compiled elisp seems to not work in smartparens
From: Jim Myhrberg <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 18:14:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

After the following pull request was merged:
https://github.com/Fuco1/smartparens/pull/958

I started getting this error:

    Error running timer ‘sp-show--pair-function’: (invalid-function
sp--while-no-input)

The offending code seems to be:

    (defalias 'sp--while-no-input 'while-no-input)

And then later the call to "sp--while-no-input" within the
"sp-show--pair-function" function. If I manually eval the
"sp-show--pair-function" so it's no longer a natively compiled
function, things start working again.

For now in my personal config (which is not native-compiled), I've
resorted to this work-around which seems to work:

    (defun sp--while-no-input (&rest body)
      (eval (append '(while-no-input) body)))

Thanks again :)