Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] could not resolve realpath
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 14:20:24 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear emacs developers:

I recently compiled emacs from commit 95dd6bb08038e31515568943dcfae13afac8ff70,
after sudo make install I enter emacs in terminal but it gives an error
then quit:

-----
emacs: could not resolve realpath of "emacs": No such file or directory
-----

I notice that emacs is just a symlink to /usr/local/bin/emacs-28.0.50,
but after I type emacs-28.0.50 in and hit enter it give me a similar
error:

-----
emacs: could not resolve realpath of "emacs-28.0.50": No such file or directory
-----

path /usr/local/bin is in my PATH variable, and run emacs with absolute
path /usr/local/bin/emacs is working, also the last version I compiled
is from commit b064ddd3f600ed28e62b09d556ecced5f80d9883 and that version
dose not have this issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.28, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-04-15 built on archtop
Repository revision: 95dd6bb08038e31515568943dcfae13afac8ff70
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
china-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 67607 7988)
 (symbols 48 6625 0)
 (strings 32 19257 2257)
 (string-bytes 1 655459)
 (vectors 16 13794)
 (vector-slots 8 336606 10047)
 (floats 8 22 39)
 (intervals 56 199 0)
 (buffers 992 10))