Subject: Re: bug#43770: Geeks think securely: VM per Package (trustless state to devs and their apps)
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: bo0od <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 16:00:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

bo0od <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Actually what i wanted to say but seems i missed it, This security
> design can be engineered and implemented when Guixsd released based on 
> GNU-Hurd Kernel. Because its going to be totally new kernel and having
> this feature is without question the best security feature for the 
> future of security within operating systems.
>
> Otherwise we gonna fall into the same cycle of trust to outside
> package developers and their codes without preventive mechanism
> against if its malicious one.
>
> If you mean the bug report is not the place for this request, then i
> dont know where because i already discussed it in the IRC channel.(if 
> there is somewhere else i can report this just tell me)

It’s great to share your views of what you think should be done from a
security standpoint.  There’s little more we contributors can say other
than: yes, we agree, we’re working in this direction, and it’s going to
be a long journey.

What could help though is if people like you come and join us on that
journey.  I very much encourage you to play with Guix System and in
particular with the “childhurd” service that has recently landed and
should be of interest to you.

For now I’m closing the bug because as Ricardo wrote, it’s not a bug
report per se.

Thank you,
Ludo’.