Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Getting rid of Guile's locale warning
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 10:35:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

These two patches provide the ultimate hack to get rid of:

  guile: warning: failed to install locale

This warning annoys all users, mostly on foreign distro, especially
when it gets printed each time something gets downloaded (‘guix
substitute’ is invoked) and they have no idea how to get rid of it.

It’s also fairly pointless because (guix ui) has its own locale
handling already, and because we already go to great lengths to set
‘GUIX_LOCPATH’ to a sensible value by default.

Let me know what you think!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  self: Use a 'guile' that doesn't complain about locales.
  build: Use a 'guile' executable that doesn't warn about locales.

 Makefile.am                             | 12 +++++++
 configure.ac                            |  3 ++
 gnu/packages/aux-files/guile-launcher.c | 46 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/self.scm                           | 48 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 4 files changed, 108 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/aux-files/guile-launcher.c

-- 
2.28.0