Subject: [feature/native-comp] (setf seq-elt) is already defined as something else than a generic function
From: Jorge Javier Araya Navarro <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 15:07:59 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

hi, I have this "bug". I compiled gccemacs using this PKGBUILD:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=emacs-pgtk-native-comp-git

with the following settings in the PKGBUILD set as follows:

LTO="YES"
FAST_BOOT="YES"

and this is my Emacs configuration:

https://gitlab.com/shackra/emacs

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Jorge Javier Araya Navarro <[email-masked]>
Date: sáb., 26 de sep. de 2020 a la(s) 13:20
Subject: gccemacs: (setf seq-elt) is already defined as something else than
a generic function
To: emacs-devel <[email-masked]>

Today I was able to compile and install gccemacs, however my configuration
fails to load with the following:

--------------------------
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "(setf seq-elt) is already defined as
something els...")
  error("%s is already defined as something else than a gen..." \(setf\
seq-elt\))
  cl-generic-ensure-function(\(setf\ seq-elt\))
  cl-generic-define-method(\(setf\ seq-elt\) nil (store (sequence array) n)
nil #f(compiled-function (store sequence n) #<bytecode -0x21fe923112df641>))

byte-code("\300\301\302\303#\304\301\305\306#\210\307\310\311\310\312\313#\314#\210\315\310\313\312\313\316%\210\315\317\313\320\313\321%\210\315\317\313\322\313\323%\210\307\324\311\324\325..."
[function-put seq-let lisp-indent-function 2 put edebug-form-spec (sexp
form body) defalias seq-elt cl-generic-define (sequence n) nil "Return Nth
element of SEQUENCE.\n\n(fn SEQUENCE N)" cl-generic-define-method
#f(compiled-function (sequence n) #<bytecode -0xdc359236f16754e>) \(setf\
seq-elt\) (store (sequence array) n) #f(compiled-function (store sequence
n) #<bytecode -0x21fe923112df641>) (store (sequence cons) n)
#f(compiled-function (store sequence n) #<bytecode -0x21fe9bba03a8655>)
seq-length (sequence) "Return the number of elements of SEQUENCE.\n\n(fn
SE..." #f(compiled-function (sequence) #<bytecode 0xa614952cda4dd76>)] 7)
  require(seq)
  byte-code("\300\301!\210\300\302!\207" [require cl-lib seq] 2)
  require(cl-extra)

byte-code("\300\301!\210\300\302!\210\300\303!\210\300\304!\210\300\305!\210\300\306!\210\300\307!\210\300\310!\210\300\311!\210\312\313\314\315\316\317%\210\320\321\322\323\324D..."
[require bytecomp cl-extra cl-lib cl-macs cl-seq gv rx subr-x warnings
custom-declare-group comp nil "Emacs Lisp native compiler." :group lisp
custom-declare-variable comp-speed funcall function #f(compiled-function ()
#<bytecode 0x1f4000171eb9>) "Compiler optimization level.  From -1 to 3.\n-
-1 f..." :type number comp-debug #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
0x1f4000171e91>) "Compiler debug level.  From 0 to 3.\nThis intended ..."
comp-verbose #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1f4000171e91>) "Compiler
verbosity.  From 0 to 3.\nThis intended fo..." comp-always-compile
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1f4000171e91>) "Unconditionally
(re-)compile all files." boolean comp-deferred-compilation-black-list
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1f4000171e91>) "List of regexps to
exclude files from deferred nat..." list comp-bootstrap-black-list
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1f4000171e91>) "List of regexps to
exclude files from native compi..." comp-never-optimize-functions
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0xf08b2f6a48ba1>) "Primitive functions
for which we do not perform tr..." comp-async-jobs-number
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1f4000171e91>) "Default number of
processes used for async compila..." comp-async-cu-done-hook
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1f4000171e91>) "This hook is run
whenever an asyncronous native co..." ...] 8)
  native-compile-async("/home/jorge/.emacs.d/straight/build/straight/"
recursively late)
  straight--native-compile-package((:type git :host github :repo
"raxod502/straight.el" :files ("straight*.el") :branch "develop" :package
"straight" :local-repo "straight.el"))
  straight--build-package((:type git :host github :repo
"raxod502/straight.el" :files ("straight*.el") :branch "develop" :package
"straight" :local-repo "straight.el") nil)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x10b5c5dec572d721>)()
  straight--transaction-exec(use-package-\(:type\ git\ :host\ github\
:repo\ \"raxod502/straight\.el\"\ :files\ \(\"straight*\.el\"\)\ :branch\
\"develop\"\ :package\ \"straight\"\ :local-repo\
\"straight\.el\"\)-nil-nil :now #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
-0x10b5c5dec572d721>))
  straight-use-package((straight :type git :host github :repo
"raxod502/straight.el" :files ("straight*.el") :branch "develop"))
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*-768712> nil
"/home/jorge/.emacs.d/straight/repos/straight.el/bo..." nil t)  ; Reading
at buffer position 5370

load-with-code-conversion("/home/jorge/.emacs.d/straight/repos/straight.el/bo..."
"/home/jorge/.emacs.d/straight/repos/straight.el/bo..." nil t)
  load("/home/jorge/.emacs.d/straight/repos/straight.el/bo..." nil
nomessage)
  (let ((bootstrap-file (expand-file-name
"straight/repos/straight.el/bootstrap.el" user-emacs-directory))
(bootstrap-version 5)) (if (file-exists-p bootstrap-file) nil
(save-current-buffer (set-buffer (url-retrieve-synchronously "
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raxod502/straigh..." 'silent
'inhibit-cookies)) (goto-char (point-max)) (eval-print-last-sexp))) (load
bootstrap-file nil 'nomessage))
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/home/jorge/.emacs.d/init.el" nil t)
 ; Reading at buffer position 908
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/jorge/.emacs.d/init.el"
"/home/jorge/.emacs.d/init.el" t t)
  load("/home/jorge/.emacs.d/init" noerror nomessage)
  startup--load-user-init-file(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
-0xdb362a1d8323bdd>) #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x81a392fa1b1ef13>)
t)
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
--------------------------

I've noticed that on the terminal something is print when gccemacs starts:

--------------------------
➜ emacs --debug-init
Eager macro-expansion failure: (invalid-function ((bytecomp "Symbol’s
function definition is void: gv-setter" :error "*Compile-Log*")))
--------------------------

Sadly that one buffer is blank upon inspection.

is this a bug on gccemacs or on straight.el?