Subject: Re: bug#43435: bootstrap (bash-mesboot0) and ’make release’ error
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 13:11:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi janneke,

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 08:13, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> a commented store file name was added inside a code snippet.  Changing
> this comment to something like
>
>     // /gnu/store/...-tcc-boot0-0.9.26-6.c004e9a/lib/libc.a: error: 'sigprocmask' defined twice
>
> would pass the check, but this triggers a rebuld world.  So I am
> proposing the attached patch that breaks the comment to pass the check,
> and using unquoted string-append to  avoid a world rebuild.

Thank you for explaining and the patch.

As you noticed, it seems a duplicate of bug #43005
<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/43005> and the fix had been pushed to
master as b85863f7ce99d05205e57358b36ff50656cca08b.

Closing.

All the best,
simon