Subject: 27.1; Wrapped comment line that contains cyrillic text is displayed in different colors
From: Драгољуб Шишовић<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 20:57:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

*Expected behavior:*
When a single line comment that is wrapped gets selected (or when cursor is
positioned on that line) text color should be the one defined with the
emacs color theme.

*Detected behavior:*
Instead of expected behavior text is colored partially as a comment and
partially as a regular text.

*REPRODUCING THE BUG:*
1. Start emacs with "emacs -Q"
2. Type a comment with Cyrillic text that is really long so it could wrap
(through multiple "rows")
3. Select the text and comment should be displayed with multiple colors,
described in "Detected behavior".

*Example* with emacs started with emacs -Q
https://imgur.com/mbdSrDb

*Example* of the issue with regularly started emacs
https://imgur.com/ETCgJFc

*Sample text used for lisp-mode:*
First comment
;; Ово је пример текста на ћирилици. Користим emacs 27.1 верзију и имам
проблем са бојом текста у коментару који се простира на више редова, али
припада истој линији (wrapped) исписом
Second comment
;; Ово је пример текста на ћирилици. Користим emacs 27.1 верзију и имам
проблем са бојом текста у коментару који се простира на више редова, али
припада истој линији (wrapped) исписом

This issue started happening after emacs was updated to v27.1
Issue is detected in multiple modes (org, lisp, python, c, js...)
OS used is Archlinux with i3-wm.