Subject: Build of GNU Solfege fails
From: Tim Magee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 13:43:31 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

GNU Solfege 3.22.2 refuses to build.

Here is what I believe is the relevant part of the log file:

Converting to PNG...LC_ALL=C makeinfo -I topdocs --no-split --no-headers
--output FAQ topdocs/FAQ.texi
utf8 "\xF6" does not map to Unicode at
/gnu/store/w8k9hcigvhzrlrblv8lgqj77sm3833rs-texinfo-6.7/share/texinfo/Texinfo/ParserNonXS.pm
line 1796, <FH> line 169.
Malformed UTF-8 character: \xf6\x20\x41\x63 (unexpected non-continuation
byte 0x20, immediately after start byte 0xf6; need 4 bytes, got 1) in
pattern match (m//) at
/gnu/store/w8k9hcigvhzrlrblv8lgqj77sm3833rs-texinfo-6.7/share/texinfo/Texinfo/ParserNonXS.pm
line 3364.
Malformed UTF-8 character (fatal) at
/gnu/store/w8k9hcigvhzrlrblv8lgqj77sm3833rs-texinfo-6.7/share/texinfo/Texinfo/ParserNonXS.pm
line 3364.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:83: README] Error 25
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Deleting `inverting-intervals.eps'...
Layout output to `inverting-intervals-1.eps'...
Writing inverting-intervals-systems.texi...
Writing inverting-intervals-systems.tex...
Writing inverting-intervals-systems.count...
Success: compilation successfully completed
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/tmp/guix-build-solfege-3.22.2.drv-0/solfege-3.22.2'
make: *** [Makefile:74: genfiles] Error 2
command "make" "-j" "4" failed with status 2