Subject: Dejagnu's unknown proc aborts testsuite run when triggered in test-case
From: Tom de Vries <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:35:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

the gdb testsuite uses the dejagnu framework.

If I add a call to foobar at the end of a test-case in that testsuite,
and I do a run of the testsuite, then the test-case aborts, and
subsequently the testsuite run aborts, that is, no further tests are run.

While it is as expected that the test-case aborts, it's not desirable
that the testsuite run aborts.

We've installed a hack in ${tool}_init/${tool}_finish to workaround this
in the gdb testsuite (
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=26783bce15adc0316f9167a216519cebcf1ccac3
).

It would preferable though if this problem was addressed in dejagnu,
such that we can eventually remove the hack.

A possible solution to this problem could be to make the exiting on
error (which is done in dejagnu's version of proc unknown in
framework.exp) optional.

Thanks,
- Tom