Subject: [Cuirass] Doesn't honor 'timeout' nor 'max-silent-time' leading to mising substitutes
From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 13:15:19 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

Unlike Hydra, Curiass don't honor 'timeout' and 'max-silent-time'
properties[0]. This lead to some packages never having substitutes, in
particular for the 'armhf-linux' system for example 'linux-libre' or
'guile-static-stripped'[1]. Which mean it's really difficult to use such
systems since each users need to build thoses really long running[2]
packages. We also don't know if thoses package may fail for a reason 
other
than timing out.

[0]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-03/msg00209.html
[1]: 
http://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=guile-static-stripped%20system:armhf-linux
[2]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/guile.scm?id=f51fd97ec54a98668d63c52d8a6bd75d8dc3292e#n257

- Brice