Subject: 28.0.50; Flipped text
From: Wasim Abbas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 13:00:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi folks,

I am seeing this issue on emacs head. The text randomly flips vertically. Very hard to reproduce. But if you open a very long C/C++ file like https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Headers/blob/master/include/vulkan/vulkan_core.h <https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Headers/blob/master/include/vulkan/vulkan_core.h> and keep moving around the buffer, cut 100ish lines and paste in another location and then move around again. You might hit the issue.

Here is a screenshot of it. I haven’t tried with emacs -Q yet but happy to try if required. 

//Wasim

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.4.0, NS appkit-1894.40 Version 10.15.4 (Build 19E287))
of 2020-05-06 built on Wasims-iMac-Pro.local
Repository revision: 86fef6ab89ee54c6f78bc2064e55c5439e929827
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.4

Recent messages:
Source file ‘/Users/wasimabbas/.emacs.d/init.el’ newer than byte-compiled file; using older file
Turn on helm-projectile key bindings
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading of snippets successfully. [2 times]
You appear to be setting environment variables ("PATH") in your .bashrc or .zshrc: those files are only read by interactive shells, so you should instead set environment variables in startup files like .profile, .bash_profile or .zshenv.  Refer to your shell’s man page for more info.  Customize ‘exec-path-from-shell-arguments’ to remove "-i" when done, or disable ‘exec-path-from-shell-check-startup-files’ to disable this message.
Warning: /Users/wasimabbas/.emacs.d/init.el is newer than /Users/wasimabbas/.emacs.d/init.elc
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
'configure --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-head/HEAD-86fef6a_1/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-head/HEAD-86fef6a_1 --without-x
--without-dbus --with-imagemagick --with-json --with-modules
--with-gnutls --with-rsvg --with-xml2 --with-harfbuzz --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  global-evil-mc-mode: t
  evil-mc-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  global-evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/wasimabbas/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils winner helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval
edebug backtrace helm-info company-keywords company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files sanityinc-tomorrow-eighties-theme
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow exec-path-from-shell diminish which-key
saveplace string-inflection hl-line paren server init-lsp lsp-sourcekit
lsp lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek
lsp-ui-sideline lsp-mode url-util tree-widget spinner network-stream
puny nsm rmc markdown-mode noutline outline lv inline imenu ht
filenotify f ewoc em-glob dash-functional bindat init-cmake
company-cmake init-python yasnippet-snippets cl-extra yasnippet
highlight-indentation flymake-proc flymake warnings company-capf
help-fns radix-tree elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell
elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat parse-time
iso8601 ls-lisp ido files-x etags fileloop generator xref project
init-c-cpp company-c-headers init-mappings init-neotree neotree
init-magit init-common posframe init-helm cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit helm-projectile projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs helm-misc helm-mode helm-files helm-buffers helm-occur
helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp helm
helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib async init-linum
display-line-numbers init-powerline powerline-evil powerline-evil-themes
powerline powerline-separators color powerline-themes init-evil
evil-nerd-commenter evil-nerd-commenter-operator evil-nerd-commenter-sdk
sgml-mode dom evil-mc evil-mc-command-execute evil-mc-command-record
evil-mc-cursor-make evil-mc-region evil-mc-cursor-state evil-mc-undo
evil-mc-vars evil-mc-known-commands evil-mc-common evil-surround
init-leader evil-leader evil-search-highlight-persist highlight evil
evil-keybindings evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps evil-commands
reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types
evil-search evil-ex shell pcomplete comint evil-macros evil-repeat
evil-states evil-core advice evil-common windmove thingatpt rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars ring init-flycheck flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip
flycheck ansi-color find-func help-mode rx init-company company edmacro
kmacro pcase init-packages time-date auto-package-update easy-mmode
finder-inf dash info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 683783 130310)
(symbols 48 36618 167)
(strings 32 309346 20525)
(string-bytes 1 12842127)
(vectors 16 59214)
(vector-slots 8 703528 109252)
(floats 8 332 494)
(intervals 56 435 608)
(buffers 992 11))