Subject: 27.0.91; small issues with `display-fill-column-indicator' Customization group
From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 10:30:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

M-x customize-group RET display-fill-column-indicator RET, then expand
the section for `display-fill-column-indicator-character'.  The
customization buffer then contains:

Display Fill Column Indicator group:  Group definition missing. 
       State : visible group members are all at standard values.
   
[...]

Hide display-fill-column-indicator-character: nil
    State : STANDARD. (mismatch)
   Character to draw the indicator when ‘display-fill-column-indicator’ is non-nil. More

The two issues here are:

1. "Group definition missing."  It looks like customizing this group
   should load `display-fill-column-indicator-mode', which defines this
   group, or the group definition should be in cus-start.el.

2. "(mismatch)."  The default value for
   `display-fill-column-indicator-character' is nil, but its type is
   `character', so nil isn't allowed.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.13)
 of 2020-05-09
Repository revision: d5c184aa3e2a183144efa5f269e2c70d2681aa0a
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux rodete

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-checking=all --enable-gtk-deprecation-warnings
 --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 --with-mailutils --without-pop 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-g3'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS FREETYPE HARFBUZZ XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3
X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils phst skeleton
derived edmacro kmacro pcase ffap thingatpt url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars mailcap subr-x rx gnutls puny seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv dbus xml cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 63403 5547)
 (symbols 48 8443 1)
 (strings 32 22409 1678)
 (string-bytes 1 711978)
 (vectors 16 12504)
 (vector-slots 8 174118 5994)
 (floats 8 25 34)
 (intervals 56 201 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))

-- 
Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße 33
80636 München

Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

If you received this communication by mistake, please don’t forward it to
anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information), please
erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let the sender
know it went to the wrong person.  Thanks.