Subject: 26.3; keyboard macro with input-method inserts characters twice
From: "Matsievskiy S.V." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 22:38:25 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I define keyboard macro with some input method enabled (lets say,
`english-dvorak`), `self-insert` commands are repeated twice.

For example, if I define macro like this:
`F3 insert chars asdf F4` and then hit `F4`, I will get the following
line:
```
insert chars asdf
```

But if I'll use some input method:
`F3 insert chars C-\ asdf F4`, I will get:
```
insert chars aaooeeuu
```

Characters that were typed with `english-dvorak` input method enabled
are repeated twice when macro is called. This happens with all input
methods.

I've asked this question on stackoverflow
(
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/58131/keyboard-macro-with-input-method-inserts-characters-twice
)
and was advised to report this as a bug.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.11)
 of 2019-09-22, modified by Debian built on x86-csail-01
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.12008000
System Description:     Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Defining kbd macro...
Keyboard macro defined
Loading quail/cyrillic...done
Defining kbd macro...
Keyboard macro defined
next-line: End of buffer

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.3/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.3/site-
lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.3/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.3/site-
lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-n8pPyG/emacs-26.3+1=. -fstack-
protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-start cus-load quail help-mode
easymenu cl-loaddefs cl-lib kmacro elec-pair time-date mule-util
tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-
mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-
readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 109025 7073)
 (symbols 48 21679 1)
 (miscs 40 52 129)
 (strings 32 32258 1315)
 (string-bytes 1 804730)
 (vectors 16 15791)
 (vector-slots 8 510110 6240)
 (floats 8 52 106)
 (intervals 56 270 0)
 (buffers 992 12))