Subject: Cargo in Guix
From: Jan Ole Zabel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 00:17:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I just installed the rust package on guix-system and realized I have no
idea of how to use `cargo` to build something. First, cargo is not in my
search path after installing `rust`, because there is no link in
`.guix-profile`. There is no dedicated package either. Second, the
cargo binary installed in `/gnu/store/` throws the following:

	$ /gnu/store/*-rust-1.39.0-cargo/bin/cargo install ripgrep
	error: failed to download from
`https://crates.io/api/ripgrep/12.0.1/download`
	
	Caused by:
	  [60] SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key not found (server
certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLFile: none)

A `curl https://crates.io` works normally, so it's not an issue with the
system certificates.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this even the right place to report or ask?