Subject: build failure: gcc-4.8.5 (gcc-toolchain-4.8.5)
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 20:20:25 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

My attempt to build gcc-toolchain-4.8.5 dies, with a build failure in
the gcc package. I was hoping to use this package to try to build some
older software.

christopher@nightshade ~/Repos/guix-working$ guix describe
Generation 16	Apr 11 2020 08:47:10	(current)
  guix 658505d
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 658505d7a92f0518e1fc4c965bdaa389a6e83f2c

Error:

In file included from ../../gcc-4.8.5/gcc/cp/except.c:1008:0:
cfns.gperf: In function ‘const char* libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned
int)’:
cfns.gperf:101:1: error: ‘const char* libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned
int)’ redeclared inline with ‘gnu_inline’ attribute
cfns.gperf:26:14: note: ‘const char* libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned
int)’ previously declared here
cfns.gperf: At global scope:
cfns.gperf:26:14: warning: inline function ‘const char*
libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned int)’ used but never defined
make[3]: *** [Makefile:1059: cp/except.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
rm gcc.pod
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-gcc-4.8.5.drv-0/build/gcc'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:4157: all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-gcc-4.8.5.drv-0/build'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:18767: stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-gcc-4.8.5.drv-0/build'
make: *** [Makefile:886: all] Error 2
command "make" "-j" "3" "LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-
B/gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/lib -Wl,-
dynamic-linker -Wl,/gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-
2.29/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2" "LDFLAGS=-Wl,-
rpath=/gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/lib -Wl,-
dynamic-linker -Wl,/gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-
2.29/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2" "BOOT_CFLAGS=-O2 -g0" failed with status
2
builder for `/gnu/store/nx6ndhvxg8b2vzhs56fnd3hydkif0rgh-gcc-4.8.5.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/nx6ndhvxg8b2vzhs56fnd3hydkif0rgh-gcc-4.8.5.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/nx/6ndhvxg8b2vzhs56fnd3hydkif0rgh-gcc-
4.8.5.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/qcakvv0m8xbyaw36ykmdm878jjii73b4-
gcc-toolchain-4.8.5.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/qcakvv0m8xbyaw36ykmdm878jjii73b4-gcc-toolchain-4.8.5.drv'
failed

-- 
Christopher Howard
p: +1 (907) 374-0257
w: https://librehacker.com
social: https://gnusocial.club/librehacker
gpg: ADDEAADE5D607C8D (keys.gnupg.net)