Subject: Re: bug#40614: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] straight.el fails to inject :straight keyword handler into use-package when use-package is native-compiled
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 11:47:24 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

> The issue is not reproducible anymore, though my emacs installation is
> still not fully compiled. Running make on emacs source was stuck on
> compiling ja-dic.elc, which eats out >8Gb of memory and crashes (I only
> have 8Gb of RAM).
>
> I believe that partial compilation should not affect the MELPA packages
> (they were fully compiled). So, this bug should be fixed as far as I can
> tell.
>
> Best,
> Ihor

Hi Ihor,

great to hear, thanks for checking!

Closing then.

Andrea

PS for mitigating compile time I assume you already know the various
tricks (deferred-compilation and/or speed).

-- 
[email-masked]