Subject: 27.0.90; fido-mode cannot select Info's index topic completions
From: Bodertz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 14:58:03 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe:
emacs -Q
M-x fido-mode RET
C-h i m Emacs RET
i zoo RET RET RET C-j TAB TAB C-j RET ... C-g

M-x fido-mode RET
i zoo RET

As I hope is clear from the example above, with fido-mode enabled, I
cannot select Info's index topics.

With fido-mode disabled, I can.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.14)
of 2020-03-04 built on flavia
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12007000
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Fido mode enabled
You can run the command ‘fido-mode’ with M-x fid RET
Fido mode enabled
Composing main Info directory...done
Quit
Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/home/bodertz/opt/emacs/'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: en_US.utf8
value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
icomplete-mode: t
fido-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
mule-util jka-compr info easymenu cus-start cus-load icomplete tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78982 7005)
(symbols 48 7318 1)
(strings 32 22442 1831)
(string-bytes 1 636337)
(vectors 16 11560)
(vector-slots 8 145859 6740)
(floats 8 29 524)
(intervals 56 4463 0)
(buffers 1000 12))