Subject: [PATCH 0/4] update Dune finite element packages
From: Felix Gruber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Felix Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 20:49:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix developers,

I've updated the packages of the Dune finite element library to properly
set up OpenMPI before running their tests instead of disabling all the
tests that failed due to mis-configured OpenMPI.
BTW, some other packages exist in variants with and without OpenMPI,
e.g. the dealii and dealii-openmpi packages. Do you think that it would
be useful to provide similar variants for the dune-* packages, which
could also be built without OpenMPI?

Additionally, I've added two new packages, dune-uggrid and dune-subgrid
that might be useful in combination with the existing Dune packages.

Finally, I've added the suitesparse package to dune-istl which as an
optional dependency allows to build some additional solvers for sparse
linear systems into dune-istl.

I've checked that all Dune packages still build after my changes (there
don't seem to be any other packages that depend on the dune-* packages).
Those builds were done using the updated suitesparse package that I've
submitted in bug #39839.

Felix Gruber (4):
  gnu: dune-*: set up MPI for tests
  gnu: add dune-uggrid 2.6.0
  gnu: Add dune-subgrid
  gnu: dune-istl: Build with suitesparse

 gnu/packages/maths.scm | 207 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 1 file changed, 106 insertions(+), 101 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.1