Subject: 23.0.90; Emacs.app crashes when a dialog box is poppe-up [both 23.0.90.1 AND 23.1.50.1]
From: Livin Stephen Sharma <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:55:45 +0530

PLEASE NOTE:
  I'm reporting this from the 'older' 23.0.90.1 instance which, for a  
change, did NOT crash.
To get the pop-up, I:
1. enabled the 'confirm exit' [approx name!] option
2. Used the mouse to select MENU > Emacs > Quit Emacs
At this, the 23.1 instance popped-up an 'Aqua' dialog box with this  
prompt:

"Really quit Emacs?
   [Yes] [No]"

  It looks like this:
[ see attached: Picture 2.png ]

Simultaneously, the apple crash-reporter popped up.

The 'Apple' crash-reporter tool has this info:
########################################
Date/Time:      2009-07-30 22:42:13.436 +0530
OS Version:     10.4.11 (Build 8S165)
Report Version: 4

Command: Emacs
Path:    /Users/livin/tmp/emacs/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/ 
MacOS/Emacs
Parent:  WindowServer [67]

Version: Version 23.1.50 (9.0)

PID:    15962
Thread: 0

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000005

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00094c08 timer_check + 1032 (keyboard.c:4690)
1   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x001836b4 -[EmacsDialogPanel runDialogAt:] + 148  
(nsmenu.m:1900)
2   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00182bc8 ns_popup_dialog + 632 (nsmenu.m:1581)
3   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00115014 Fy_or_n_p + 596 (fns.c:2653)
4   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00109c9c Ffuncall + 972 (eval.c:3045)
5   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x0014542c Fbyte_code + 2092 (bytecode.c:679)
6   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x0010972c funcall_lambda + 812 (eval.c:3232)
7   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00109e4c Ffuncall + 1404 (eval.c:3102)
8   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x001066f0 Fcall_interactively + 5808 (callint.c:868)
9   org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00109cd8 Ffuncall + 1032 (eval.c:3051)
10  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00109fd8 call3 + 40 (eval.c:2877)
11  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x000a3ea4 command_loop_1 + 5028 (keyboard.c:1911)
12  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x001076a8 internal_condition_case + 328 (eval.c: 
1513)
13  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00093140 command_loop_2 + 64 (keyboard.c:1360)
14  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00107530 internal_catch + 256 (eval.c:1248)
15  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00092df0 command_loop + 144 (keyboard.c:1342)
16  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00092f18 recursive_edit_1 + 184 (keyboard.c:954)
17  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x000930a4 Frecursive_edit + 292 (keyboard.c:1016)
18  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x000926e8 main + 5400 (emacs.c:1857)
19  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x000025fc _start + 760
20  org.gnu.Emacs 	0x00002300 start + 48

Thread 0 crashed with PPC Thread State 64:
   srr0: 0x0000000000094c08 srr1:  
0x000000000200f930                        vrsave: 0x0000000000000000
     cr: 0x82002284          xer: 0x0000000000000004   lr:  
0x00000000000948e4  ctr: 0x0000000090004f40
     r0: 0x00000000000000c5   r1: 0x00000000bfffd530   r2:  
0x0000000000ae3010   r3: 0x0000000000000000
     r4: 0x0000000000ae3014   r5: 0x0000000000000000   r6:  
0x000000000004c17c   r7: 0x000000004a71d46c
     r8: 0x0000000002800409   r9: 0x00000000000906cd  r10:  
0x0000000000ae3018  r11: 0x000000004a71d532
    r12: 0x00000000000f4240  r13: 0x000000000035b59c  r14:  
0x0000000000000001  r15: 0x0000000000329414
    r16: 0x000000000035b624  r17: 0x0000000000000001  r18:  
0x000000000035b774  r19: 0x00000000000000c5
    r20: 0x0000000000363620  r21: 0x00000000000906cd  r22:  
0x0000000000363620  r23: 0x0000000000ae3014
    r24: 0x0000000000324810  r25: 0x0000000002800409  r26:  
0x0000000000000005  r27: 0x0000000000353620
    r28: 0x0000000000354810  r29: 0x0000000000000007  r30:  
0x0000000002800409  r31: 0x0000000000094810

Binary Images Description:
     0x1000 -   0x1b2fff org.gnu.Emacs Version 23.1.50 (9.0)	/Users/ 
livin/tmp/emacs/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
   0x6f8000 -   0x723fff libncurses.5.dylib 	/sw/lib/ncurses/ 
libncurses.5.dylib
   0xb5d000 -   0xb60fff net.michael-mccracken.isim 1.0	/Users/livin/ 
Library/InputManagers/IncrementalSearchInputManager/ 
IncrementalSearchInputManager.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ 
IncrementalSearchInputManager
  0x1001000 -  0x1001fff com.apple.SpotLightCM 1.0 (121.20.2)	/System/ 
Library/Contextual Menu Items/SpotlightCM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ 
SpotlightCM
  0x14f3000 -  0x14f9fff com.apple.DictionaryServiceComponent 1.0.0	/ 
System/Library/Components/DictionaryService.component/Contents/MacOS/ 
DictionaryService
  0x26ef000 -  0x2720fff liblame3.92.dylib 	/Library/Application  
Support/DivXNetworks/liblame3.92.dylib
  0x275d000 -  0x2760fff libMPAEncode0.1.dylib 	/Library/Application  
Support/DivXNetworks/libMPAEncode0.1.dylib
  0x2764000 -  0x27c4fff libdpus10.dylib 	/Library/Application  
Support/DivXNetworks/libdpus10.dylib
  0x3008000 -  0x301afff libdpv10.dylib 	/Library/Application Support/ 
DivXNetworks/libdpv10.dylib
  0x3407000 -  0x3408fff net.publicspace.ABF.context.menu 1.3	/Users/ 
livin/Library/Contextual Menu Items/A Better Finder Context  
Menu.plugin/Contents/MacOS/A Better Finder Context Menu
  0x35d2000 -  0x369cfff com.divxnetworks.DivXCodec 5.2.1	/Library/ 
QuickTime/DivX 5.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX 5
  0x47e9000 -  0x47f9fff com.abracode.FileUtilsCM 1.6	/Users/livin/ 
Library/Contextual Menu Items/FileUtilsCM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ 
FileUtilsCM
  0x7484000 -  0x7485fff com.google.GoogleNotifierQuickAddCMPlugin  
1.10.1 (1.10.1.553)	/Users/livin/Library/Contextual Menu Items/Google  
Notifier Quick Add CM Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Google Notifier  
Quick Add CM Plugin
  0x7489000 -  0x748cfff com.lemkesoft.GraphicConverterCMI 1.1	/Users/ 
livin/Library/Contextual Menu Items/GraphicConverterCMI.plugin/ 
Contents/MacOS/GraphicConverterCMI
  0x7494000 -  0x7496fff com.apple.AutomatorCMM 1.0.1 (88.2)	/System/ 
Library/Contextual Menu Items/AutomatorCMM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ 
AutomatorCMM
  0x7499000 -  0x749dfff com.apple.FolderActionsMenu 1.3	/System/ 
Library/Contextual Menu Items/FolderActionsMenu.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ 
FolderActionsMenu
  0x74cc000 -  0x75aefff com.apple.WebKit 4530.19 (4530.19.2)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit
  0x7642000 -  0x775afff com.apple.JavaScriptCore 4530.19	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore
  0x82ed000 -  0x8cb3fff com.apple.WebCore 4530.19	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/ 
Versions/A/WebCore
0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe52fff dyld 46.16	/usr/lib/dyld
0x90000000 - 0x901bcfff libSystem.B.dylib 	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
0x90214000 - 0x90219fff libmathCommon.A.dylib 	/usr/lib/system/ 
libmathCommon.A.dylib
0x9021b000 - 0x90268fff com.apple.CoreText 1.0.4 (???)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
0x90293000 - 0x90344fff ATS 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/ 
Versions/A/ATS
0x90373000 - 0x9072efff com.apple.CoreGraphics 1.258.84 (???)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
0x907bb000 - 0x90895fff com.apple.CoreFoundation 6.4.11 (368.35)	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/ 
CoreFoundation
0x908de000 - 0x908defff com.apple.CoreServices 10.4 (???)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
0x908e0000 - 0x909e2fff libicucore.A.dylib 	/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
0x90a3c000 - 0x90ac0fff libobjc.A.dylib 	/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
0x90aea000 - 0x90b5afff com.apple.framework.IOKit 1.4 (???)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
0x90b70000 - 0x90b82fff libauto.dylib 	/usr/lib/libauto.dylib
0x90b89000 - 0x90e60fff com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 681.19	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
0x90ec6000 - 0x90f46fff com.apple.CoreServices.OSServices 4.1	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
0x90f90000 - 0x90fd2fff com.apple.CFNetwork 129.24	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
0x90fe7000 - 0x90ffffff com.apple.WebServices 1.1.2 (1.1.0)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
WebServicesCore.framework/Versions/A/WebServicesCore
0x9100f000 - 0x91090fff com.apple.SearchKit 1.0.8	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
0x910d6000 - 0x91100fff com.apple.Metadata 10.4.4 (121.36)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
0x91111000 - 0x9111ffff libz.1.dylib 	/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
0x91122000 - 0x912ddfff com.apple.security 4.6 (29770)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
0x913dc000 - 0x913e5fff com.apple.DiskArbitration 2.1.2	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
0x913ec000 - 0x913f4fff libbsm.dylib 	/usr/lib/libbsm.dylib
0x913f8000 - 0x91420fff com.apple.SystemConfiguration 1.8.3	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/ 
SystemConfiguration
0x91433000 - 0x9143efff libgcc_s.1.dylib 	/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
0x91443000 - 0x914befff com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 3.0.5	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
0x914fb000 - 0x914fbfff com.apple.ApplicationServices 10.4 (???)	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
ApplicationServices
0x914fd000 - 0x91535fff com.apple.AE 312.2	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/ 
Versions/A/AE
0x91550000 - 0x91622fff com.apple.ColorSync 4.4.11	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
0x91675000 - 0x91706fff com.apple.print.framework.PrintCore 4.6  
(177.13)	/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
0x9174d000 - 0x91804fff com.apple.QD 3.10.28 (???)	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
0x91841000 - 0x9189ffff com.apple.HIServices 1.5.3 (???)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
0x918ce000 - 0x918f2fff com.apple.LangAnalysis 1.6.1	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
0x91906000 - 0x9192bfff com.apple.FindByContent 1.5	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
FindByContent.framework/Versions/A/FindByContent
0x9193e000 - 0x91980fff com.apple.LaunchServices 183.1	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
0x9199c000 - 0x919b0fff com.apple.speech.synthesis.framework 3.3	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
0x919be000 - 0x91a04fff com.apple.ImageIO.framework 1.5.8	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
0x91a1b000 - 0x91ae2fff libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib 	/usr/lib/libcrypto. 
0.9.7.dylib
0x91b30000 - 0x91b45fff libcups.2.dylib 	/usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
0x91b4a000 - 0x91b68fff libJPEG.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
0x91b6e000 - 0x91c25fff libJP2.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libJP2.dylib
0x91c74000 - 0x91c78fff libGIF.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
0x91c7a000 - 0x91ce4fff libRaw.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libRaw.dylib
0x91ce9000 - 0x91d03fff libPng.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
0x91d08000 - 0x91d0bfff libRadiance.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
0x91d0d000 - 0x91dfbfff libxml2.2.dylib 	/usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
0x91e1a000 - 0x91e58fff libTIFF.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
0x91e5f000 - 0x91e5ffff com.apple.Accelerate 1.2.2 (Accelerate  
1.2.2)	/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/ 
Accelerate
0x91e61000 - 0x91f46fff com.apple.vImage 2.4	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
vImage.framework/Versions/A/vImage
0x91f4e000 - 0x91f6dfff com.apple.Accelerate.vecLib 3.2.2 (vecLib  
3.2.2)	/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x91fd9000 - 0x92047fff libvMisc.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/ 
A/libvMisc.dylib
0x92052000 - 0x920e7fff libvDSP.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/ 
A/libvDSP.dylib
0x92101000 - 0x92689fff libBLAS.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/ 
A/libBLAS.dylib
0x926bc000 - 0x929e7fff libLAPACK.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/ 
A/libLAPACK.dylib
0x92a17000 - 0x92b05fff libiconv.2.dylib 	/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
0x92b08000 - 0x92b90fff com.apple.DesktopServices 1.3.7	/System/ 
Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/ 
DesktopServicesPriv
0x92bd1000 - 0x92e04fff com.apple.Foundation 6.4.12 (567.42)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
0x92f37000 - 0x92f55fff libGL.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
0x92f60000 - 0x92fbafff libGLU.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
0x92fd8000 - 0x92fd8fff com.apple.Carbon 10.4 (???)	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
0x92fda000 - 0x92feefff com.apple.ImageCapture 3.0	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
ImageCapture.framework/Versions/A/ImageCapture
0x93006000 - 0x93016fff com.apple.speech.recognition.framework 3.4	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
0x93022000 - 0x93037fff com.apple.securityhi 2.0 (203)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
SecurityHI.framework/Versions/A/SecurityHI
0x93049000 - 0x930d0fff com.apple.ink.framework 101.2 (69)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
Ink.framework/Versions/A/Ink
0x930e4000 - 0x930effff com.apple.help 1.0.3 (32)	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Help.framework/ 
Versions/A/Help
0x930f9000 - 0x93127fff com.apple.openscripting 1.2.7 (???)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
OpenScripting.framework/Versions/A/OpenScripting
0x93141000 - 0x93151fff com.apple.print.framework.Print 5.0 (190.1)	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
Print.framework/Versions/A/Print
0x9315d000 - 0x931c3fff com.apple.htmlrendering 1.1.2	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
HTMLRendering.framework/Versions/A/HTMLRendering
0x931f4000 - 0x93243fff com.apple.NavigationServices 3.4.4 (3.4.3)	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
NavigationServices.framework/Versions/A/NavigationServices
0x93271000 - 0x9328efff com.apple.audio.SoundManager 3.9	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound
0x932a0000 - 0x932adfff com.apple.CommonPanels 1.2.2 (73)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CommonPanels.framework/Versions/A/CommonPanels
0x932b6000 - 0x935c4fff com.apple.HIToolbox 1.4.10 (???)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
0x93714000 - 0x93720fff com.apple.opengl 1.4.7	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
0x93799000 - 0x93799fff com.apple.Cocoa 6.4 (???)	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa
0x9379b000 - 0x93dcefff com.apple.AppKit 6.4.10 (824.48)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
0x9415b000 - 0x941cdfff com.apple.CoreData 91 (92.1)	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
0x94206000 - 0x942cbfff com.apple.audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 1.4.7	/ 
System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
0x9431e000 - 0x9431efff com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit 1.4	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
0x94320000 - 0x944e0fff com.apple.QuartzCore 1.4.12	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
0x9452a000 - 0x94567fff libsqlite3.0.dylib 	/usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib
0x9456f000 - 0x945bffff libGLImage.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
0x945c8000 - 0x945e1fff com.apple.CoreVideo 1.4.2	/System/Library/ 
Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
0x9479a000 - 0x947a9fff libCGATS.A.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCGATS.A.dylib
0x947b1000 - 0x947befff libCSync.A.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCSync.A.dylib
0x94804000 - 0x9481dfff libRIP.A.dylib 	/System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRIP.A.dylib
0x94824000 - 0x94b57fff com.apple.QuickTime 7.6.2 (1327)	/System/ 
Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/QuickTime
0x94c3f000 - 0x94cb0fff libstdc++.6.dylib 	/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
0x9656a000 - 0x9660dfff libcrypto.0.9.dylib 	/usr/lib/libcrypto. 
0.9.dylib
0x96641000 - 0x9666efff libssl.0.9.dylib 	/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.dylib
0x9c0a3000 - 0x9c0c3fff libmx.A.dylib 	/usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib
0x9ff40000 - 0x9ffe2fff com.apple.QuickTimeImporters.component 7.6.2  
(1327)	/System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeImporters.component/ 
Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeImporters
0xefbef000 - 0xefcd1fff libPSIKey.dylib 	/Library/Application Support/ 
DivXNetworks/libPSIKey.dylib

Model: PowerBook6,8, BootROM 4.9.0f0, 1 processors, PowerPC G4   
(1.5), 1.5 GHz, 1.25 GB
Graphics: GeForce FX Go5200, GeForce FX Go5200, AGP, 64 MB
Memory Module: DIMM0/BUILT-IN, 256 MB, built-in, built-in
Memory Module: DIMM1/J31, 1 GB, DDR SDRAM, PC2700U-25330
AirPort: AirPort Extreme, 405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)
Modem: Jump, V.92, Version 1.0
Bluetooth: Version 1.9.5f4, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial  
ports
Network Service: Built-in Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R   UJ-845E
Parallel ATA Device: FUJITSU MHT2080AH, 74.53 GB
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, Apple, Inc., Up to 12 Mb/ 
sec, 500 mA
USB Device: Apple Internal Trackpad, Apple Computer, Up to 12 Mb/sec,  
500 mA
USB Device: Hub in Apple Pro Keyboard, Mitsumi Electric, Up to 12 Mb/ 
sec, 500 mA
USB Device: Macally USB Mini Optical Mouse, Up to 1.5 Mb/sec, 100 mA
USB Device: Apple Pro Keyboard, Mitsumi Electric, Up to 12 Mb/sec,  
250 mA
########################################

I'm sorry I can't get the *Messages* buffer from the 23.1 instance -  
it is totally unresponsive.
FWIW, I'll try to simulate it again with 'enter-debugger-on-error'

In GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, NS apple- 
appkit-824.48)
  of 2009-05-13 on mac
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.824
configured using `configure  '--prefix' '/Applications/Emacs.app/ 
Contents/MacOS' '--with-ns' '--enable-ns-self-contained=yes' '-- 
enable-cocoa-experimental-ctrl-g=yes''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: nil
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: nil
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: JDE

Minor modes in effect:
   ecb-minor-mode: t
   senator-minor-mode: t
   semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
   jde-plugin-minor-mode: t
   jde-jdb-minor-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   pair-mode: t
   iswitchb-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   size-indication-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x o C-x k C-g C-x M-k C-x b <return> M-< M-x e m
a <tab> v e r <tab> <return> M-x e C-g C-h a C-g C-g
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <about-emacs> C-x C-f D o <tab>
t e <tab> e m <tab> i n <tab> <tab> U <tab> C-a C-k
C-y <return> C-x k <return> C-x k <return> M-> M-x
M-p M-p M-n <return> C-a C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-x 2 <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<about-emacs> <menu-bar> <file> <open-file> C-g C-c
M-l <help-echo> C-x C-f C-y M-r C-y <return> <return>
M-x M-p M-p <return> C-x 1 M-x M-p <return> <menu-bar>
<windows> "1" <menu-bar> <options> <customize> <customize>
M-x M-p <return> C-x k C-g C-x k <return> M-> M-< M-x
e c b - a c <tab> <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-c C-c C-. C-l <escape> C-l C-l C-l C-l C-l C-c C-c
C-. <wheel-up> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x M-p M-p
<return> <ns-power-off> n M-x M-p <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-r
eport>

Recent messages:
Mark set [6 times]
The ECB is now activated.
Mark set [110 times]
Starting the BeanShell. Please wait...
Mark set [3 times]
GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, NS apple- 
appkit-824.48) of 2009-05-13 on mac
(No files need saving)
Really exit Emacs? (y or n)
GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, NS apple- 
appkit-824.48) of 2009-05-13 on mac
Mark set [3 times]

  Livin Stephen Sharma
-- [email-masked]

￼