Subject: Re: bug#39700: Outdated installation video
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 16:36:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> In fact, the video is slightly outdated, showing a different command
> for importing the gpg key.

This is now fixed.

> There was also a confusion as the gpg fingerprint appears on a
> separate paragraph, as if it were part of the output, leading to a
> failure due to the lack of providing a fingerprint. This points to an
> issue in the video generation script.

There are a bunch of places in the session scripts where lines are
arbitrarily broken.  I’ve fixed a couple of them.

I also elided all hashes, replaced “guix package --install” with “guix
install”, replaced the installer script URL with the shorter
https://guix.gnu.org/install.sh and replaced all instances of
“guix.info” with “guix.gnu.org”.

There are still a few problems with these CLI sessions.  One of the
biggest problems in my opinion is the dots that are supposed to indicate
time passing.  That’s distorting the real output and it just looks
noisy.

Anyway, this problem is now fixed.  Let’s remember to polish these
videos some more.

--
Ricardo