Subject: Re: [bug#39694] [SHEPHERD] [PATCH] build: Adjust clean targets.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 12:10:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Makefile.am: Add man pages to the 'make clean' target.
> ---
> Currently 'man shepherd' shows version 0.6.1, 'man herd' 0.6.0, 'man
> halt' and 'man reboot' 0.3.2. With this patch these 4 manpages are added
> to the 'make clean' list and are deleted. The manpage creation works as
> expected.

[...]

> +CLEANFILES += $(dist_man1_MANS) $(dist_man8_MANS)

This would remove man pages upon “make clean”, whereas they should only
be removed upon “make distclean”, per GNU conventions.

I went with a different fix in Shepherd commit
f32a2ff8ad329f224b2f693ad7e9fefac142a459.

Thank you!

Ludo’.