Subject: Cannot declare an NFS mount using the <file-system> record
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 14:41:50 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I try adding an NFS mount point to my Guix System, like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[...]
(file-system
  (device "192.168.1.10:/mnt/scratch/")
  (mount-point "/mnt/scratch/")
  (type "nfs")
  (options "rw,async,soft,noexec"))
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Reconfiguring fails with the message:

error: device '192.168.1.10' not found: No such file or directory
hint: If '192.168.1.10' is a file system label, write
`(file-system-label "192.168.1.10")' in your `device' field.

So it doesn't appear to be possible to declare an NFS mount currently,
despite commit 0c85db79f7a8abc3bcdbf8931d959fe94306a5a1 that'd suggest
it should be possible.

Maxim