Subject: 27.0.60; project-search fails to jump to match
From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:30:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce the bug:

mkdir /tmp/bug
cd /tmp/bug
git init
echo -e "aa\nbb\ncc" > one
echo -e "aa\nbb\ncc" > two
emacs -Q /tmp/bug
M-x project-search RET bb RET
M-x fileloop-continue RET
M-x project-search RET aa RET

The first project-search correctly finds "one" and moves the point to
"bb".  The second project-search pops the buffer named "one" but doesn't
move the point to "aa", which is what I expected to happen.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2020-01-21 built on betli
Repository revision: 7e37e61f4b9729ac54d80715de9dcc928e0aaf26
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: hu_HU.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils fileloop
generator cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
vc-git diff-mode easymenu easy-mmode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-dispatcher project dired dired-loaddefs
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 57703 7609)
 (symbols 48 7277 1)
 (strings 32 20790 1902)
 (string-bytes 1 649988)
 (vectors 16 11760)
 (vector-slots 8 148900 12844)
 (floats 8 32 47)
 (intervals 56 270 0)
 (buffers 1000 16))