Subject: 28.0.50; find-name-dired: wrong type argument processp
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 08:40:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

this morning using find-name-dired results in the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument processp nil)
  set-process-filter(nil find-dired-filter)
  find-dired("~/.emacs.d/" "-name \\*early\\*")
  find-name-dired("~/.emacs.d/" "*early*")
  funcall-interactively(find-name-dired "~/.emacs.d/" "*early*")
  call-interactively(find-name-dired record nil)
  command-execute(find-name-dired record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "find-name-dired" "find-name")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "find-name-dired" "find-name")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Steps to reproduce the problem:

- emacs -Q
- C-x d .emacs.d RET
- M-x find-name-dired RET RET
- *early* RET

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-debian-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30,
cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-01-23 built on hathaway
Repository revision: 5715eb94e90b33ace59dd4c4ccb6e2122bc6db72
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Recent messages:
Making completion list...
find-dired: Wrong type argument: processp, nil
Debug on Error enabled globally
Making completion list...
Entering debugger...
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "mmand-execute(execute-extended-command)
"
Making completion list...
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Configured using:
 'configure --host=x86_64-debian-linux-gnu --with-modules
 --with-imagemagick --with-harfbuzz'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS
GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ
M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES
THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree cl-print
debug backtrace help-mode easymenu find-func cl-loaddefs cl-lib
cus-start cus-load find-dired dired dired-loaddefs tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 57743 7786)
 (symbols 48 7296 1)
 (strings 32 18578 1200)
 (string-bytes 1 576450)
 (vectors 16 10103)
 (vector-slots 8 133285 9370)
 (floats 8 25 41)
 (intervals 56 424 1)
 (buffers 1000 15))

Kind regards

-- 
Manuel Uberti