Subject: Re: bug#38998: emacs-treemacs missing icons
From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 03:15:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for the report.

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi, I cherry-picked emacs-treemacs and emacs-treemacs-extras from Guix
> master. emacs-treemacs mode runs in Emacs, but the icons are missing,
> and Message buffer is filled with messages like "Cannot find image file
> ‘/home/christopher/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-
> lisp/icons/default/root.png'". These icons do not seem to be in the
> emacs-treemacs or emacs-treemacs-extras store directories after I build
> the packages. I haven't been able to figure out yet what other package
> is required to get these icons.

Fix in c4970c53a6f9ce1b1d54c0bd59d62a4507f55b5b for icons pushed to
master, as well as for Python scripts [1], (make sure Git is installed):

[1]:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[Treemacs] treemacs-git-status.py wrote to stderr (see full output in *Messages*): /home/oleg/.guix-profile/bin/python3: can't open file '/gnu/store/j95anfsk0pk...
[Treemacs] treemacs-git-status.py wrote to stderr: /home/oleg/.guix-profile/bin/python3: can't open file '/gnu/store/j95anfsk0pkxclx6ya8hnx176qywp315-emacs-treemacs-2.6/src/scripts/treemacs-git-status.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Oleg.