Subject: 23.1.50; skip-chars-forward does not move after forward-comment
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:34:44 +0200

Start from "emacs -Q" and in the scratch buffer enter some empty lines
at the top and some lines of code there so it looks like

   (message "i am at the top")

   ;; This buffer is for notes...
   ;; If you want to create a file...

Place point at the beginning of the line ";; If you ..." and do

   M-: (progn (forward-comment (- 100)) (message "skipped %s "
(skip-chars-forward "[:space:]")))

skip-forward will not move forward above. However if you then do

   M-: (message "skipped %s " (skip-chars-forward "[:space:]"))

it will.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-06-30
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'