Subject: Error on texinfo documentation of variable 'ls-lisp-verbosity'
From: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 00:01:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: documentation
Tags: patch

The info documentation fo ls-lisp-verbosity states that the value
contains 'one or more of the symbols', while the docstring says 'none or
more'. The empty list works ok, so it should be 'none'.

diff --git a/doc/emacs/msdos.texi b/doc/emacs/msdos.texi
index 55093a080a..920af2cbf5 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/msdos.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/msdos.texi
@@ -390,7 +390,7 @@ ls in Lisp
 @vindex ls-lisp-verbosity
   The variable @code{ls-lisp-verbosity} controls the file attributes
 that @file{ls-lisp.el} displays.  The value should be a list that
-contains one or more of the symbols @code{links}, @code{uid}, and
+contains none or more of the symbols @code{links}, @code{uid}, and
 @code{gid}.  @code{links} means display the count of different file
 names that are associated with (a.k.a.@: @dfn{links to}) the file's
 data; this is only useful on NTFS volumes.  @code{uid} means display

-- 
Cecilio Pardo