Subject: Re: [bug#37908] [PATCH 0/2] Remove monolithic qt5 (and other unused package)
From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
To: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>, Ludovic Courtès<[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 17:09:43 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am 01.11.19 um 15:39 schrieb Efraim Flashner:
>> Please ensure that “guix build qt@4 -nd” returns the same derivation
>> before and after the change.

Done already before submitting the patch :-) But I repeated it now and
this revealed some error. So many thanks for nagging :-)

>>
>> Perhaps add a comment above saying that ‘qt’ used to refer to the
>> monolithic Qt 5.x package?
Done.

> I didn't apply it locally, I can do it in about 36 hours, but it looks
> good. IIRC we have qt4 inheriting from qt5, and qtbase was its own
> definition so nothing should change on that side.

Correct. I added some more explanation to the commit message to make
this more clear.

Pushed as  02511196d99ebc5e385e9dc7f733ffbe848e25ca

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |