Subject: maxima x86_64/linux build failure
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 05:54:12 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Running guix overlaid on Debian 9 amd64. Ran guix pull && guix package
-u. Ran guix install wxmaxima. Build fails with

/ 'configure' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/m5r9y68mhya0kv828mp62y28bfm0lrmv-maxima-5.42.2.drv' failed
with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/m5r9y68mhya0kv828mp62y28bfm0lrmv-maxima-5.42.2.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/m5/r9y68mhya0kv828mp62y28bfm0lrmv-maxima-
5.42.2.drv.bz2'.

Last lines of build log are

checking for gcl... true
checking for iconv... true
checking for recode... false
configure: error: unable to run gcl executable "gcl".
Backtrace:
           4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/8n7mpp0l8rqv26gxr9hg9aj3ax4…")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35  3 (_ _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   863:16  2 (every1 #<procedure 782420 at /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvq…>
…)
In /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-
import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
   799:28  1 (_ _)
In /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-
import/guix/build/utils.scm:
    616:6  0 (invoke _ . _)

/gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-
import/guix/build/utils.scm:616:6: In procedure invoke:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program:
"/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-
4.4.23/bin/bash" arguments: ("./configure"
"CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-
4.4.23/bin/bash" "SHELL=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-
bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash" "
--prefix=/gnu/store/3ihrqrdsq6r4n69nvaznbvcqni38c968-maxima-5.42.2" "
--enable-fast-install" "--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" "--enable-
gcl" "--with-posix-shell=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-
bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/sh" "--with-
wish=/gnu/store/2zl6wcliyd2ny8w73h77vk8bn4x91b7x-tk-8.6.8/bin/wish8.6") 
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 8a0d40>)'.

-- 
Christopher Howard
p: +1 (907) 374-0257
w: https://librehacker.com
social feed: https://gnusocial.club/librehacker
xmpp: [email-masked]
otr: E9685B53 01F038DD D29281C9 30FDA71E BD0095D4
gnupg: 23FD5CC5 (keys.gnupg.net)
radio: KL1TL
featured: https://worldenglishbible.org/