Subject: 23.0.95; bookmark-jump(-other-window) inconsistencies
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 16:19:02 -0700

bookmark-jump and bookmark-jump-other-window should differ only in the
window they use. But their behaviors are quite different now.  One of
them is wrong.  My guess is that bookmark-jump-other-window never got
updated when some changes were made to bookmark-jump (but it could be
the other way around).
 
bookmark-jump raises an error if the arg is nil;
bookmark-jump-other-window is a no-op in that case.
 
bookmark-jump-other-window treats pre-Emacs 22 bookmarks differently;
bookmark-jump does not.
 
[FWIW - It is unfortunate that bookmark.el has undergone extensive
changes since Emacs 22.  It is barely recognizable now, and it is
quite messy to provide 3rd-party code that works with multiple Emacs
versions.]

In GNU Emacs 23.0.95.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-06-19 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'