Subject: Crash in marker.c:337
From: Werner LEMBERG <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 13:17:34 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Emacs team,

while sending an e-mail with `mew', I get the attached crash.  This is
something new, which I haven't experienced before.  I can reliably
repeat it.

    Werner

======================================================================

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2019-06-29 built on linux
Repository revision: 67b50770c050c55a26cd13b9568b01a80a449885
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: openSUSE Leap 15.1

Recent messages:
Quit
Setting up Mew world...
Updating status...done
Setting up Mew world...done
Scanning +inbox...done
Quit
Type C-x 1 to remove help window.  
Mark saved where search started
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk --with-cairo
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CC=ccache gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 -gdwarf-4''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/thai-word hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils misearch multi-isearch apropos pp
mew-varsx mew-unix elec-pair edmacro kmacro rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok
sgml-mode dom hideshow cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs mew-auth
mew-config mew-imap2 mew-imap mew-nntp2 mew-nntp mew-pop mew-smtp
mew-ssl mew-ssh mew-net mew-highlight mew-sort mew-fib mew-ext
mew-refile mew-demo mew-attach mew-draft mew-message mew-thread
mew-virtual mew-summary4 mew-summary3 mew-summary2 mew-summary
mew-search mew-pick mew-passwd mew-scan mew-syntax mew-bq mew-smime
mew-pgp mew-header mew-exec mew-mark mew-mime mew-edit mew-decode
mew-encode mew-cache mew-minibuf mew-complete mew-addrbook mew-local
mew-vars3 mew-vars2 mew-vars mew-env mew-mule3 mew-mule mew-gemacs
mew-key mew-func mew-blvs mew-const mew tex dbus xml crm advice
auto-loads tex-site quail help-mode cjktilde mm-util mail-prsvr
disp-table finder-inf mule-util package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 155296 8644)
 (symbols 48 16475 1)
 (strings 32 59212 1207)
 (string-bytes 1 1586649)
 (vectors 16 23308)
 (vector-slots 8 379039 13042)
 (floats 8 56 42)
 (intervals 56 1877 161)
 (buffers 992 14))