Subject: 12.1.2; percent symbol in \url{}
From: Ryo Furue <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 01:28:21 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Some valid URLs contain the percent symbol but the LaTeX mode (I don't
know its official name) treats it as the beginning of a comment and uses
the comment color as a result.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS
appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109))
of 2019-04-13
Package: 12.1.2

current state:
==============
(setq
AUCTeX-date "2019-02-08"
window-system 'ns
LaTeX-version "2e"
TeX-style-path '("/usr/local/var/auctex"
 "/Users/furue/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/style"
 "/Users/furue/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
 "/Users/furue/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
TeX-auto-save nil
TeX-parse-self nil
TeX-master t
TeX-command-list '(("LatexMk"
    "latexmk %(-PDF)%S%(mode) %(file-line-error) %(extraopts) %t"
    TeX-run-latexmk nil
    (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode) :help
    "Run LatexMk")
   ("TeX"
    "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts) %S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
    TeX-run-TeX nil
    (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help
    "Run plain TeX")
   ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil
    (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
   ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil
    (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
   ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
    TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
    "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
   ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%' %t"
    TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
   ("ConTeXt"
    "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
    TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
   ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
    TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help
    "Run ConTeXt until completion")
   ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help
    "Run BibTeX")
   ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
   ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
    "Run Viewer")
   ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
   ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
    "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
   ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help
    "Generate PostScript file")
   ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t :help
    "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
   ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil t :help
    "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
   ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil t :help
    "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
   ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %s" TeX-run-command nil t
    :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
   ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil t :help
    "Run makeindex to create index file")
   ("upMendex" "upmendex %s" TeX-run-index t t :help
    "Run upmendex to create index file")
   ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
    "Run xindy to create index file")
   ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
    :help "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
   ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
    :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
   ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil
    t :help "Spell-check the document")
   ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
    "Delete generated intermediate files")
   ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
    "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
   ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help
    "Run an arbitrary command")
   )
)