Subject: Re: [bug#36071] [PATCH] gnu: Add leela-zero.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: Guillaume LE VAILLANT <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 17:12:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Back to this patch: I think it’s fine to accept it as long as the
> software necessary for training is included.

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I can't assess its accuracy, but this comment[0] from the linked 
> LWN article looks relevant.  Particularly:
>
> So this is basically a distributed computing client as well as a 
> Go
> engine that runs with the results of that distributed computing 
> effort.
>
> If that's true, there is no separate ‘training software’ to worry 
> about.
>
> The whole link is worth a click since there seems to be a ‘server 
> component’ involved as well.

Based on the info we have so far, including the fact that Debian
includes it (see <https://packages.debian.org/leela-zero>), I went ahead
and applied the patch.

We can obviously revisit this issue later should someone have concerns
and/or additional info.

Thanks everyone!

Ludo’.