Subject: Guile-Parted crashes the installer on i686-linux
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 21:46:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On i686-linux, the installer crashes when it reaches the partitioning
page with a null-pointer exception (or sometimes with a plain SIGSEGV),
in the call to ‘partition-disk’ in ‘esp-partition?’.  Screenshots
of two different crashes (null-pointer exception and SIGSEGV) attached.

The null-pointer exception happens when starting from a blank target
image (fresh ‘qemu-img create’), while the other crash happens (IIRC)
when the disk already has a partition table.

Mathieu, any ideas?

This is holding the 1.0.1 release (I actually have all the files ready
for upload after hours of builds :-/).  We’ll have to decide whether to
hold off until we have a fix, or whether to skip i686 altogether, or to
ship an install image where only the manual install may be used.

Thanks in advance!

Ludo’.