Subject: Re: bug#35560: GNOME Shell 3.28 crashes and suspends to RAM (!) after ejecting removable media
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 17:48:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> GNOME Shell is crashy since the 3.28 upgrade (it’s an install that was
> made before the 3.28 upgrade; I wonder whether the same happens on a
> fresh install.)
>
> It occasionally crashes (SIGSEGV) and is automatically respawned, which
> is kinda okay: as a user, you notice that it flickers for a second or
> two and then it comes back.

The bug didn’t show up again in the intervening 2.5 years, so I’m taking
the liberty to close it.  Instead, I’ll look for new bugs in GNOME 41.

(Woow, GNOME went from 3.28 to 41 in so little time! Guix 41, when?)

Thanks!

Ludo’.