Subject: 26.1; Flyspell multi dictionary error
From: Philipp Uhl <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 19:46:23 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since an update quite recently flyspell (or ispell/hunspell) stopped to
work with my configuration for multiple dictionaries (see below). I
reported a similar bug (Bug#33493) before and it got resolved. It
appears as a similar issue has made this bug reapear.

My complete emacs configuration can be viewed here: 
https://github.com/phuhl/sheeshmacs
My config contains this relevant section:
(with-eval-after-load "ispell"
(setq ispell-program-name "hunspell")
(setq ispell-dictionary "en_US,de_DE")
(ispell-set-spellchecker-params)
(when (> emacs-major-version 24)
(ispell-hunspell-add-multi-dic "en_US,de_DE"))

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.7)
of 2019-03-17 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Loading /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit-python.el (source)...done
Loaded /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit-python.el
scratch has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Starting new Ispell process hunspell with en_US,de_DE dictionary...
Saving file /home/philipp/.emacs.d/tmp/scratch...
Wrote /home/philipp/.emacs.d/tmp/scratch
Loading /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit.el (source)...done
Loaded /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit.el
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Error in post-command-hook (flyspell-post-command-hook): (error "No data 
for dictionary \"en_US,de_DE\" in ‘ispell-local-dictionary-alist’ or 
‘ispell-dictionary-alist’")

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
-fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
flyspell-mode: t
org-indent-mode: t
pyvenv-mode: t
yas-global-mode: t
yas-minor-mode: t
org-bullets-mode: t
vimish-fold-global-mode: t
vimish-fold-mode: t
ivy-mode: t
ido-vertical-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
ido-everywhere: t
global-auto-complete-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
auto-fill-function: yas--auto-fill
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/philipp/.emacs.d/src/gamegrid hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/play/gamegrid

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail whitespace flyspell ispell
org-indent image-file highlight-indentation company-capf elpy
find-file-in-project windmove elpy-shell pyvenv esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django elpy-refactor grep files-x tide
tide-lv typescript-mode yasnippet flycheck flymake-proc flymake warnings
org-beautify-mods-theme org-beautify-theme org-bullets async ob-async
ob-python ob-js ob-plantuml ob-shell ob-restclient restclient gamegrid
vimish-fold f at-day-theme circadian solar cal-dst auto-complete-config
counsel xdg compile swiper ivy delsel colir ivy-overlay ffap
ido-vertical-mode paren elec-pair ein-org ein-multilang python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
ein-multilang-fontify ein-notebooklist eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree ido ein-company ein-file ein-connect
ein-inspector ein-traceback ein-shared-output ein-pseudo-console
ein-pager view ein-notification ein-scratchsheet ein-jedi ein-completer
ein-ac auto-complete popup ein-pytools ein-subpackages ein-iexec
ein-worksheet ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output ein-cell-edit ein-cell
ein-hy ein-skewer skewer-html skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode etags
xref project js sgml-mode dom thingatpt imenu simple-httpd pp
ein-output-area xml ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-events
ein-websocket websocket bindat ein-contents-api ein-notebook ein-query
request ein-node ein-log ein-console ein-classes company pcase ewoc
ein-core ein-utils deferred subr-x url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap dash s
json map cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ein cus-edit cus-start cus-load vc-git
diff-mode org-eww org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m edmacro kmacro rainbow-mode color diminish use-package
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
saveplace cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core cl
org-element avl-tree generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs finder-inf rx info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 662326 27393)
(symbols 48 60523 2)
(miscs 40 104 344)
(strings 32 180920 10474)
(string-bytes 1 5468656)
(vectors 16 97271)
(vector-slots 8 2146802 132044)
(floats 8 883 315)
(intervals 56 1580 89)
(buffers 992 15))