Subject: 27.0.50; compilation buffer does not catch on lines
From: Alex Koval <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 20:05:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1) Have pycodestyle installed
2) Create some simple python file with error, for example:

~~~
from datetime import datetime

print(datetime.strptime("2015-03-11", "%Y-%m-%d"))
~~~

3) Run M-x compile
4) pycodestyle a.py
5) See error list:

a.py:5:1: E303 too many blank lines (3)

Process compilation exited abnormally with code 1

6) In previous emacs versions, including previous version of emacs 27 it
worked well.
7) Now the line is not highlited and when I press on it I see this
message:
user-error: No error here

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-03-09 built on avkf
Repository revision: 21f54feee8c83e2c5fd8eeb6741cbd479a7b19eb
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Waiting for git... [2 times]
Can’t guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
Making completion list...
start-file-process-shell-command: Invalid function: with-connection-local-variables
user-error: No error here
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils compile python easymenu
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec advice
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv comint ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib ansi-color elec-pair mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 180907 8247)
 (symbols 48 8543 1)
 (strings 32 24676 2077)
 (string-bytes 1 888338)
 (vectors 16 35014)
 (vector-slots 8 400136 9796)
 (floats 8 41 65)
 (intervals 56 242 0)
 (buffers 992 14))